Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Economy Strikes Again!!

Well, it's official! Ammon and I have now both been hit by the infamous Sucky-Economy Bug that has made so many suffer these last few months. I was laid off last week and Ammon's shop has gone down to 40 hours a week (where it's normally 60-72). We've been reduced from our normal $1400 (net)/week to $600 pracitcally overnight, and the panicking has begun. This post is not to declare "Whoa is us!" or to ask for pity (but if you're offering we will take it). This post is only informative and to ask our loved ones for their prayers and open ears for job opportunities. Unemployment documents have been filed, resumes have been sent and our tithing has been paid, so we stand optimistic but preparing (emotionally at least) for the worst.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad! Everything will work out for the best, times are tough :) But we will make it through. Stay optimistic, you don't need added stress with the baby :)

-Adree

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that, I know it's stressful, you'll pull through...you paid your tithing! Don't stress too much, $600 a week is still pretty livable...frugally but possible! Stress isn't good on the prego woman! I'll pray for you but I have faith you'll be fine off the simple fact that you paid your tithing!

Amy Legler said...

I am so glad you said that tithing has been paid! That is going to be so vital in this!! That is the situation that Justin and I are in. I was cut down to part time but its hitting us hard enough to make a big difference. But, like you, we have paid our tithing, and I can't tell you the number of blessings I have seen in it. I've gone to the grocery store, knowing I was going to be spending close to $100.00 and the bill comes to like $60. I have no idea how, but Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. You guys are strong, you are going to pull through this. The best thing right now, Lyndsay, is not to stress. Let Ammon take on all the stress. Seriously! You have a precious baby growing inside of you and you need to concentrate on taking care of him/her. Ammon do you hear me, you don't let your beautiful wife worry about this!!!
Call me if there is ANYTHING we can do for you guys ok!! Ammon has my cell, if not email me and I will get it to you :) Love you guys!