Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ode to a Big Screen

Oh, Fair Flat Panel!
How you have served us these six months
In movies and Video Games
You have brought such joys to our domain
Through f0rty-something inches of your glowing face.
Now you have departed to your true home
We will forever pine your absence
And when we rent a newly released video
We will cry out in unison,
"Whoa is us whom only have purchased 27 inches!!"
You have caused us to want for more!
And some day, more will be had in the home of Teller!!


While my sister Jess and her husband Chris were living at my parents and getting their new home ready, we had the privelege of 'storing' their big screen. Since they bought a new HD tv, they said there is no hurry. Now we've had it for six months; I'm in my 'nesting' phase I asked that they finally take it off of our hands so that I could remove some clutter. It was a necessary evil, but we will definitely miss the little guy...SIGH!

No comments: