Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stupid Flippin Government!!!!!

I just tried to order a copy of Kaleb's birth certificate online... Did you know we could do that? No? Well good because apparently its just all a lie anyway! When we left the hospital, we received an "APPLICATION FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE". On that form it lists that you can order it online for $15.

Well, I went through the ordering process: $18 to receive a copy. Ok, its only a little more. No biggy! Pay for shipping: what, there is only one shipping option? UPS AIR for an additional $18.50?!?!?!? UM, Hi, we live on government assistance and we would rather have it sent First Class mail for $2. Not an option, huh? Fine, its better than waiting in line somewhere in downtown Phoenix! Okay, enter card info to pay for this very expensive $15 certificate. Agree to terms. Well, my order is confirmed; my card is charged... You need additional information?!?!?! A signed and notarized affidavit with a copy of my drivers license that needs to be faxed?!?!?!?!? Notarizing costs money, getting a copy of my drivers license with my current address costs money and faxing costs money!!! Would it help if I told you I only want this stupid "CERTIFIED COPY" so that we can get approved for FOOD STAMPS?!?!?!? STUPID FLIPPIN GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now.

3 comments:

LlamaMama said...

Gotta love it, huh?

It's seriously just way easier (and cheaper) to wait in line in Phoenix. In fact, let me know when you're going and I'll go with you and get Mia's!

Anonymous said...

I was at the downtown office a couple weeks ago (early in day) and literally waited just minutes before being served. I wasted lots of money in the parking meter!

Liz said...

That is a very annoying thing! We still have to figure out how to get Matthew's birth certificate...not so easy to go wait in line....makes me wonder now! ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!