Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sick of Running on a Treadmill

I mean this figuratively of course since I haven't worked out much over the last few months. I just want to take a moment to vent... which is a horrible thing to do on the first real post in over a month, but I feel like these emotions need to be expelled in order for me to be rid of them, like a bad virus! Lately I have had this virtual depression come over me (almost like I'm completely overwhelmed) for about a month. At first I thought it was just the extra hours at worked combined with my desire to really be involved with holiday festivities... combined with preparing for our ward Christmas party. However, the word "overwhelmed" didn't ... it wasn't right. I'm not overwhelmed. Disorganized yes, but not overwhelmed.



However, something happened today that turned on that figurative lightbulb. I won't go into details what the last straw was, but I will say this: I am sick of running on a treadmill. I hate the feeling that I am working and not going anywhere. For instance, I am literally working but not making any more money... in fact, in the long run, I'm losing money by working. Also, I am given the opportunities to make decisions and then the very person who gave me those responsibilities re-makes the decision how he/she would prefer. And the worst one of all, that we have been praying for a full year for Ammon to get a good, stable job... and he still doesn't have one. I know the economy is what it is and we are definitely not the only ones suffering, if we are suffering at all! I know we are not doing everything perfectly to be able to even call up to the heavens and demand that we 'deserve blessings', but I feel like we are trying. Again, I reiterate, this is just a vent, something to let you know perhaps why I have not blogged in over a month.



That being said, I know that we are blessed. I feel it every time the heater comes on and see it whenever Kaleb smiles and my hubby hugs me. We are so lucky to have the support we have and still have our own house. So please don't reprimand a frustrated old woman for needing to blow off steam. I've just been thinking of that story of the man whom God asked to push a boulder, so this man pushes for months and months, but it never budges. Finally, the man asks God why the rock never moves. God tells him, "I didn't ask you to move the rock, just to push it. See how much stronger you are from all that you have been through." Hopefully, this means we are getting stronger... though most of the time I feel like I'm getting weaker. Go figure!

3 comments:

LlamaMama said...

I know exactly what you mean about the treadmill. Even though I have a job (and even one where I'm pretty much in control of every aspect of it), we seem to be slipping further and further into a financial black hole. Both Eric and I feel like everything we attempt to better our life or situation ends up failing in some way.

We've just learned we can't focus on the things we can't control. Try to focus on those blessings you mentioned above (and try to find others), bury yourself in things that will help you feel the spirit (I need help with that one myself), and trust that everything will come out right.

And dang it, if you need a girl's day/night, let me know! I know what it's like to be cooped up in a house with a hubby and a little boy. Cute as they are, every once in awhile you just need more estrogen. :)

Liz said...

First off...you are not an "old woman"...yet:-)

Surrouding yourself with good people (family is the best...especially ours!) is such a good thing to do. Prompted me to make my decisions based on our hardships.

I feel the same things about being at home right now. (Mainly because I feel like I am using/spending the money Devin makes and he doesn't get any benefit from the work he does) Like I am not contributing and since the days seem to go by soooo slowly...I have nothing much to show for it.

Day to day hardships and trials can really make us see only the trees and not the forest. Just know we all love you and sometimes hard decisions need to be made. And that's ok...we all have to live with our own choices and not critisize others for theirs...sometimes hard to do. I know.

Looking forward to seeing you more often. We will all need each others shoulders to lean on. Lots of love!

Treadmill laptop holder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.