Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Big 29

I now have less than a year when I will no longer be able to be considered "in my 20's". My birthday, the other day was a good one, and really it lasted a couple of days. Of course, we enjoyed the many freebies that come on your birthday: Krispy Kreme dozen, JB's breakfast, Bahama Bucks Iced Goodness and we finished off with a very late dinner at Joe's Farm Grill (first time ever there; really liked it!) My official present was an apron. It's a long story, but I really wanted one, so this is what I got. The strange young man you see modeling it for us is a very sweaty elder that covers our area. He was a good sport!




Happy Bird-day? The morning of my birthday was a wacky one because we kept hearing creepy noises in our attic. It sounded like a rat had gotten stuck in some wiring and couldn't escape. It was, as I said, a creepy sound. Anyway, several hours later, we discovered a small bird had found its way into our fan in the bathroom. Thankfully Ammon was able to open the grate, chase it around the tiny bathroom and release it back into the wild. This would just be a wierd story but when you add in the fact that one of our chickens died that day under very mysterious circumstances, I feel I just have to call this my Bird-Day!


Here is the video of Ammon releasing the bird:

Our poor little Kaleb, over an hour past his bedtime, so tired from all the activities of the day:

The day after my birthday, we had a nice little date. We dropped Kaleb off at the in-laws (he was sick of us and the car), and we had lunch at Y.C.'s Mongolian Grill. If you haven't been there you need to try it: SO GOOD!!! We originally planned to go there for my birthday, but among all the freebies, we couldn't fit it in.
Then we went to the Bass Pro Shop for the first time ever and had a blast shootin' it up and getting eaten by bears (CANNIBALS!!) Anyway, overall it was a fun little couple of days!





2 comments:

LlamaMama said...

I LOVE Joe's Farm Grill! One of my favorite students (graduated tonight) worked there. Their burgers are fantastic!

Oh, and happy belated birthday! I meant to text or call you on Tuesday, but the time got away from me.

Kelli said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! I love Joe's Farm Grill too! Glad you got to go to YC's...I know you were craving it :).