Tuesday, June 26, 2012

AAB (or "How I Didn't Kill Anyone This Semester")

Well, I finished another semester of school, and I can admit I didn't think I or my family was going to make it... but here we are.  I took Business Calculations (from simple math to formulas for finding loan payments and what not), World Mythology (that's right, the entire world is covered in myths, and it is not pretty) and Tax Accounting (Ew, get it off me!!!!).  The first two classes weren't terribly challenging.  The Business Math class had one week that seemed to trick me a little, but mythology was fun times.  However, I can't even begin to describe to you the stress that was caused from my tax class. Often, I would have to read 60 pages of tax law... finish it off with bout 10 very confusing online homework questions which could have as many as 10 steps within them, take 1 or 2 20-questions quizes and then do a tax return... oh, and I had my other two classes and the rest of my life to worry about as well.  My tax homework was due on Monday's which cued the emergence of the she-devil within me. There were times I literally didn't understand a bit of the reading, and then I would get to the homework and attempt to apply it and do okay.  Other times I would get the jist of the reading, then go to do the homework/tests, and I would get 60%.  It was NUTS!! 

All that being said, I learned a lot in all my classes.  What I learned most of all this semester is how much I need to REALLY keep myself busy with projects this summer.  Then I will have EVERYTHING done I could possibly have done when I start again in October.  Anyway, I got an A in mythology, an A (by 2 points) in Business Calc, and a B (barely) in Tax Accounting.  I think my GPA is hovering around a 3.5 since I have just as many A's as B's, which is just dandy to me.  I've never looked forward to summer so much!!!

2 comments:

LlamaMama said...

Congrats! What a HUGE accomplishment!

Does your online instructor not let you change due dates? As a Rio instructor, I can tell you, it's not big deal to move a student's due date by a couple of days. Then you could have had Wednesdays instead of Mondays?

RHulsey said...

I'm so proud of you, you hard worker you. I am just taking a quick little course to study for my Life License exam and I am about going crazy with it.