Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sasha- 13 Months

Okay, so I'm a month late, but just in case you didn't know, Sasha was 13 months... last month.  I started school and got sick (more on that incident in a later post), so that's my excuse. 
 
Well, as always Sasha continues to be so STINKIN adorable!  But this month she started getting an attitude.  Things need to be done her way!  That's it!  If not, she throws these silly little mini-tantrums.  One time she got annoyed with me, walked to the other side of the room whining, let out a frustrated "GAAAAAH!" type yell, then came back to me ready to take what I had to offer.
 
Some things that drive me crazy is how she will just completely dismiss all direction.  We tell her "NO!" she looks at us and slowly keeps doing what she was doing (like grabbing full cups of cold water off the end tables).  We could scream till we were blue in the face, but unless we physically prevent her, she doesn't seem too motivated to listen.  Some might say that she just doesn't understand, but trust me, she is waaaay too smart for that.  As soon as I leave the room, poor Kaleb starts hoollering to me that she is doing something bad; and that happens VERY consistently.
 
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore that little ball of fire.  She is so hilarious and SO bright.  She says "BEEBEE" for Binky and "Baba" for Bottle; Ball is "ball" and she likes to greet people with "Hi, Dah."  The one I can't figure out is why she calls lights "Buh Bo," but maybe thats because most other things are buh or boh.  She folds her arms when asked or when she hears "prayer" (except when everyone is watching.)  She understands that when the TV gets turned off it's time to leave the TV room, and she figured out how to slide down a slide on her own... on her tummy. 
 
Sasha loves to dance and spin, and one night Kaleb showed her how.  It just cracked us up. 
 My favorite part is when she hobbles dizzily out of frame.  THIS GETS REALLY LOUD SO TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME.  Sasha screams when she gets excited. 
 
 
A couple of other quirks is that she always has to carry something.  At the park it's sticks and leaves, at home it's any random toy, her water cup, my water bottle, books.  She likes to throw things aways, so when she does make it into the kitchen, she will often throw WHATEVER is in her hand into the garbage.  She also LOVES closing doors, and gets SO mad if things get in the way, especially people (how dare you!!), and probably her all-time favorite thing in the world are cats and dogs.  Anytime they're on the TV she looks at me like "Yippy!!" flails her arms, tries to hug the TV.  She is too scared of Bowser (who isn't), but she is always following my poor sister's shih tzu when we visit. 
 
 
 Here are some adorable photos to remember her 13th month:
 
Kaleb sharing his hat so nicely



Sasha smacking Kaleb in the face with the hat, ya know, cuz that's how to put hats on.
 
 
Sasha realizing the hat is too big



"I'm on the edge..."


Petting the tree


"The sand just won't come off.  I let go, but it is still there!!!!"


Ready for prayer



The mad scientist has stolen kaleb's cup!


A picture of innocence

No comments: