Friday, January 10, 2014

Halloween 2013

Ever since I was pregnant with Sasha and we were watching Monsters, Inc. (and hoping our little girl would look like "BOO"), I knew we needed to dress up one Halloween as a family with the theme of that fun little movie.  This year we thought would be perfect since Sasha was just the right size, and the newly released Monsters University didn't hurt!!  It turns out we were all the right sizes to play our characters, too. 
 

Sasha was Boo, Kaleb was Mike Wazowski (Mouse-kee-owski, according to him), Ammon was Sully and I was Roz.  We bought the Mike costume, and my mo-in-law started helping me with the Boo costume... then when I mentioned ideas for how to do Sully and Roz, she got super excited and just ran with it, fortunately for me since I don't sew.  We ended up being a big hit at all the places we visited, including three Trunk-or-Treats and the local mall (had to make the costumes pay for themselves).  It's not often we really get into Halloween, but this was super-fun!!  My favorite part was how my massive tail dragged behind me like a real tail... it was AWESOME!!  Koodos to Gramma Teller!!

 
 
Mike
 
Boo

 
Sully



Roz... Yes, it's in the bathroom cuz I wanted to make sure I got a picture
before the costume was ruined.

1 comment:

EmptyArmsMommaFullofIdeas said...

I am wanting to be Roz this year. There is very limited info on the web for how to make the costume. Yours is one of the best I've seen. Could you help me? I know you said you didn't make it, but if you or she could email me instructions, I would be super appreciative!! Tina.Harter@live.com