Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week of Firsts







This is a week of firsts for Kaleb:
*Ride in a swing- This picture makes me laugh because I tried several times to get him centered in the photo while swinging in the swing with absolutely no luck!
*Holiday-Father's Day apparently means "Foot in Paint" in baby talk. Kaleb had his feet dipped in paint twice for Father's Day, first for Grandpa Reed, thanks to my sister Jess and second for his own Dad (see earlier post).
*Sleeping in the crib- We have had Kaleb sleeping in Playpens for the first first two weeks we were home. One in the living room with the TV and the other in our bedroom. It was just easier to have him so close as we were establishing a routine. Now he just has a hard time sleeping when in it so quiet... we think he doesn't like to be alone.
*Bath-He was SOOO good as I gave him his first bath. Not a single cry escaped his lips. He just looked around like, "Um, now what is going on?" He may not be as good when he realizes what will happen every time, but a mom can hope!!

4 comments:

LlamaMama said...

On bathing, some babies like it and some don't. We had one of each: Mark didn't and Mia does!

Liz said...

He will get used to the quiet. I know people who play some soft music for the kid so they sleep calmly. I guess I am of the school of thought that I only try to get the kid hooked on something that I won't mind later.

So cute!

Anonymous said...

About the picture of the bath... I think he got his gut from Ammon...

Anonymous said...

This was Landon by the way...