Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Daddy Day



I wanted to do something fun for Ammon's first Father's Day, but with limited time and funds I was kinda at a loss until the middle of last week. Then, I decided to get Ammon a cliche Father's Day tie... Did you know they don't make anything like that anymore?!?!?! How lame is that?!? So, in desperation, I decided to take a page out of my sister Jessica's metaphorical book, and I bought a tie and made it cheesy!! I stamped Kaleb's painted feet all over it. I would have done his hands as well, but my one and only attempt involved a clenched fist over a paintbrush and a newborn's irresistible urge to insert hand into mouth. Overall it was a lot of fun for me. Kaleb slept through the whole thing, but that just made it easier. I also made Ammon breakfast in bed. Next year, he's gonna get breakfast in the kitchen because he fell back asleep as soon as he was finished. Like Father Like Son!!

3 comments:

LlamaMama said...

That's funny about the tie! I was just saying to Eric that it would be fun to get the kids hand prints all over a tie as a Father's Day gift.

If I'd eaten as much as Ammon did for breakfast, I'd probably fall asleep too! :)

Liz said...

Yeah, that tray of food was HUGE! Absolutely hysterical about him falling back to sleep after eating. What a goober! LOVE LOVE LOVE the tie! What a good memory.

Kelli said...

Ammon looks great sportin' that extremely cliche tie. Looks like you spoiled him on his first dad's day :).