Friday, October 9, 2009

Kaleb at Four Months

We finally had another doctor's appointment to get the stats on Kaleb and... (drum roll please)... he is now 18 pounds, 14 oz. (97th percentile) and 26.5 inches (90th percentile). He is our big little boy. We are getting to the point where we are considering putting him in the "Up to 30 pounds" infant car seat since he is getting so close to his "up to 22 pounds" limit on the one we're using now. Our doctor reassures us that the more active he gets, the more his weight will stabilize, but I will believe that when I see it. Especially since neither of his parents' wieght stabilized till they were adults (HA, that's a joke, son). As it is, he is still wearing half of the clothes he was wearing at 2 months.

In fact, the picture below is at three months:



And this is him at four months:

A funny little thing about Kaleb lately is his recognition. He now knows who mommy and daddy are (or at least that we are his two peeps), and so whenever someone else holds him, and he notices Ammon and me apart from him, he starts to cry. (sorry, grammas!!) The doctor said that reaction is more normal at 6-9 months... which means it's probably gonna get worse before it gets better. OY!! In addition to that, Kaleb seems to recognize that I am a source of food and has often taken to very purposefully sucking on my face or neck or arm if it's available. Kind of funny! Thankfully I am nursing less now since I'm working and I plan to have Kaleb weaned by the end of the month so this won't get into a bad habit!


Kaleb has really blossomed this month as far as his physical abilities. He really enjoys tummy time now and has even rolled over a few times both from his back and from his tummy. Burping has become a lot more difficult since he will straighten his body in protest whenever he is still hungry. So now I tend to burp him while he is standing.



Plus, as I mentioned in my last post, Kaleb is starting to sit on his own. Below is the link to our latest video of him. He is more slouching on his own than sitting, but you gotta start somewhere. You will also notice the drool, which has doubled this month. His sleeping and napping have been pretty eratic over the last few weeks also, so I'm hoping that means a tooth will be breaking through soon... but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

LlamaMama said...

Ahh! You stopped the video just as he was smiling! I was robbed!

He's doing so great. And the doctor's probably right about his weight stabilizing as he gets more active. Mia's actually getting slimmer (same weight, but smaller waist/tummy) with all her running around. I imagine Kaleb will be the same way.

Minor Family said...

SOOOO cute!!! He will thin out once he becomes active! Shad did and he was about the same size. I just love the big boys and their rolls!!!