Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kaleb-9 Months

Kaleb continues to be such a joy in our lives. Now that he is crawling, his personality really shines through. We've actually even started to discipline (and by discipline I mean teach) and it has brought out a lot of his stubborn-ness, but we also have seen some genuine compliance and understanding. It's so exciting to watch his precious little mind work.

At his doctor's appointment, Kaleb was 29 inches and just shy of 22 pounds, which is 75th percentile for his age, so he's finally starting to level out. Thankfully we have yet to find any food he doesn't like and we're even giving him small bites of our meals (baked potatoes, veggies or even Gramma's brisket tonight). Also, Kaleb now officially has six teeth and has been clapping for almost a month (a small but crucial step in development that I took upon myself to teach him.)

I haven't had a good laughing video in awhile so here is a great one. The two things Kaleb likes most are games of Peekaboo and random objects flying through the air (a close third are his silly cousins). Plus, he has this inbred need to knock down towers of boxes... which causes some issues with his older cousins. Anyway, here are some flying objects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYnrdTfpu0

Here's a great photo we got after Kaleb's bath one night. He really needs a haircut, but we're waiting until Daddy needs one too so they can go together. I feel this just captures his whole personality, "I'm cool and laidback, but I've got attitude!"

4 comments:

Kelli said...

What can I say? My comments are so redundant. He's just so CUTE, ADORABLE, SMOOSHY, AND PINCHABLE. I just want to squeeze him!

LlamaMama said...

Wow ... it's a total mystery why he likes to knock down towers of boxes ... maybe to see them fly through the air!

Totally cute laugh and totally made my day.
-celout

Liz said...

Enter the big...aaaawwwwwww!

Minor Family said...

He is so super cute... but you already know that!!! I just love the big boyz!