Saturday, April 23, 2011

2nd Pregnancy 19 Weeks

I will have an updated photo next week along with the ultrasound photos I will get on Monday. I'm so excited to see this little one close up! From the beginning we have thought of this baby as a girl. This pregnancy has been so different from Kaleb's, and it's kind of a pattern of my family to have a boy then a girl. We do have a name picked for the girl, but otherwise having a boy would be way more convenient. In other words, we will be excited no matter what we're having.

Speaking of differences, here are a few: firstly, my eyes are mutinying on me. I get headaches from wearing my contacts for more than a few hours. Plus, my skin is breaking out like I'm a teenage boy. Neither of these were a problem with Kaleb. The only strong craving I've had over the last month is to eat tuna plain out of the can. I also haven't had any serious aversions to food lately which has been very nice. I have sneezed more in the past week than I think I did all last year. Plus the sneezes are uber strong; I have to brace myself to make sure I don't pee!

Of course, in general I've been feeling more changes. I have a hard time tying my shoes cuz my belly is starting to get larger and harder. I feel like this baby is smaller, but that could be proportionate... because I still have all the weight I gained with Kaleb. I've been feeling little movements occasionally since week 15, but this past week the baby has really picked it up! I'm already starting to get a little waddle in my walk, which I'm not so proud of! I am probably the most grateful that my center of gravity is still normal, but I have had some random losses of balance (like tipping over when I'm standing around doing nothing.) I think the best part about this pregnancy compared to my first is that I am WAY less emotional. Yes, I get cranky, especially when I'm really hungry or haven't gotten enough sleep, but overall doing way better this time around.

1 comment:

RHulsey said...

If it is any consolation, I have not noticed a waddle out of you.