Wednesday, May 20, 2009

COME ON DOWN!!!

Here I am at 37 weeks (3 official weeks til my 'due date'). Ammon and I have always been hoping that the baby would come a little early since my brother is getting married on June 13th. However, since Ammon's shop hasn't had enough work, Ammon hasn't worked for three weeks AND they predict that he won't have work till the 1st of June. Needless to say, this is terrible timing if the baby comes right on time since OF COURSE we want Ammon to take a few days off for the baby and financially Ammon needs to work as much as possible. SO we took it upon ourselves to do all that we could to encourage the start of labor (mostly just walking A LOT!!!) A week ago, my doctor gave little hope that I would come early, but this week was a WONDERFUL change. She said I'm already dilated to 2 cm, 80% effaced and at -2 station. If you don't know what that means, look it up cuz I don't wanna explain it to you. She told me there is a good chance I will have the baby within the next week. The only bummer about that is that my birthday is this weekend (Memorial Day), so my poor little boy is gonna have to share his birthdays with his goofy mom! I was so hoping that when my belly button finally flattened last night that it was my turkey timer signalling the baby's 'doneness'. OH MY GOSH I'm so EXCITED I can't stop typing!!! Needless to say, now I'm starting to get a little hyper-nervous!! Random little "HEE HEE's keep escaping, hence the smile on the picture. OKAY, we're good!!

4 comments:

Amy Legler said...

YAY!! I'm so excited!! Please let me knwo what I can do to help out with anything you guys need!!!

LlamaMama said...

Ditto me on the helping out bit. You look gorgeous!

Liz said...

What a cute lil photo! We are all excited for you and I think you win on being the most eager to meet lil baby....and rightly so! It is so cute to "see" how excited you are getting and to know that you are a happy girl.

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness. You look so cute! I'm happy that you might have the baby early :) Hurray!!! I'm so excited.