Saturday, May 23, 2009

Da Name

So for the last month or so we have been pretty sure we wanted to name our little boy Kaleb John Teller, but we wanted to have something really click: like to look at our new little boy and say, "Yes he IS a Kaleb" or something like that... well, we think we got that yesterday. As far as kicking goes, our little baby has been active without being crazy or obvious. I feel him all the time, but he tends to be very shy. He won't kick for other people and in fact has a tendency to be very still anytime there are more than a few people around. Well, it's the most extreme with Ammon. Anytime I say, "Oooh, he's really kicking!" and Ammon puts his hand on my belly, the kicking stops. Well, yesterday, after another afternoon of walking, Ammon and I were laying in bed discussing this phenomenon. Ammon joked that somehow the baby could see through my eyes and in a goofy peekaboo way, he said, "Where's Kaleb?!?!?" And I got a good kick. I laughed and told Ammon to do it again. Same thing, strong kick. So Ammon put his hand on my belly, but the kicking stopped. After a few minutes, Ammon said for a third time, "Where's Kaleb?!?!?" and he got a definite kick right where his hand was. Now we both feel this is the reassurance we needed to say, "Yes he IS a Kaleb!" So if this kid ever complains about his name, we'll just let him know that he had his vote.

5 comments:

Amy Legler said...

Aww that is so cute!! I love that!! Justin would always sing to my belly, or he would tell stories and stuff, and Garrett would always respond to it, it was so cute. I'm glad Ammon got to feel little Kaleb :)

LlamaMama said...

Cute, cute story - and nice to have some confirmation about his name before you have to put it on a birth certificate!

Liz said...

That is such an adorable story. Very memorable. Love that Kaleb is getting responsive.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Love that story. It's nice to know what his name is... and when you see him, you'll know he looks like a KALEB.

Kelli said...

That is so adorable. He is going to love hearing the story about how he helped pick out his name. Definitely a journal moment :)