Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ahhh, Memories!!


Now that it's been a few weeks since Kaleb was born, I'm starting to remember all of the things that I liked about NOT being pregnant:

Jeans-I love jeans. For some reason, they make me feel more together than when I wear slacks. Normally I wouldn't be so excited about denim in the summer, but since its been three or four months since I've worn and jeans and even longer since I've been comfortable in them, I have been wearing them every day I can!!

Mint Gum-Since I was a kid I would chew at least a pack of Extra Sugarfree Gum a day. It was my way of trying to ignore my desire to eat, and normally it worked. Well, as soon as I got pregnant, chewing mint gum made me nauseous. I could still do it occasionally but only when the flavor I had in my mouth (after some really strong salsa or something) was even worse than stomaching the gum flavor for a few minutes. Now, though I can pop a stick for almost an hour without thinking. AWESOME!!

No cravings- My morning sickness wasn't that bad, but I definitely had preferences and aversions to certain foods. As soon as Kaleb was born, they asked me if I wanted anything to eat. Since it was 7 o'clock in the morning I got orange juice and some cereal, but I didn't really know what to ask for. WHY?!? Cuz I didn't have any cravings. Ever since then, I've actually been able to decide what I wanted to eat based on whats available, not what's not gonna make me hurl!

My right fingers- I've had some permanent numbness in the thumb, index finger and middle finger of my right hand for the last three or four months with it pregressively getting worse and even my whole arm would grow completely useless in the wrong position. Now, I still have a little tingling in my thumb, but so little compared to what I used to have.

My bed- Lying on my side was easily the most comfortable position for me those last few months, but I had forgotten how wonderfully large and cozy my bed was. Now I can sleep however I like and I enjoy it!!

Standing and walking-I can stand up without using my hands... and I can walk without thinking, "AH, geez I gotta pee again!" There's nothing else to say about that!

Hugging my hubby- I forgot how much I liked to just snuggle up to Ammon as close as I could! He's just so cuddly!!!

4 comments:

SuperRunkels said...

For most of those, I so know what you mean. YAY!!!

Liz said...

Such good memories...good to look back and make those kinds of comparisons.

LlamaMama said...

I know what you mean ... x2.

:)

Kelli said...

You look great sportin' those jeans. Glad things are going smoothly for you!