Friday, July 17, 2009

The Actress Within?

Last night we attended the touring performance of Wicked. It was phenominal!! Such fantasticalness! My favorite character was easily Glinda (GAH-linda) and my only real complaint was that Elphaba's "choreograpy' was a little dull. She had a fantastic voice, but anytime she sang (which was a LOT) she just kind of wandered around the stage. I don't think it would have bothered me if I hadn't known the soundtrack by heart since the songs are so AWESOME!!!

The irony of my experience last night is that I'm not pining. All week I have been expecting to be nostalgic and wanting to get back on stage and feel the joy of entertaining a crowd. I even thought of what I would say on my blog. However, despite the fact that I was so impressed with the entire show and got goosebumps with every song, on our way home all I could think about was getting back to my little Kaleb (thank you, Mom for staying up so late with him). It reminded me of a line in Sister Act II, "If you wake up in the morning, and all you can think about is singin', you're supposed to be a singer, girl." So funny to me that my going to the play last night did not re-ignite the burning passion for acting, but reaffirmed my desire to be a good mom.

2 comments:

LlamaMama said...

Good to know that you really do enjoy what you're doing, huh? I'm finding the transition back into "work" mode a little saddening, myself. I've come to enjoy having so much free time to spend with the kids. The upside is that I'll have the holidays and summers to continue doing that which I've come to enjoy these last few months.

Good to know you enjoyed the performance. I knew you would!

SuperRunkels said...

So if the first thing you want to do in the morning is eat, does that mean you're supposed to be an eater? LOL Just kidding. I know what you mean though about the kids. Every time Chris and I spend longer than a day away from our tykes, I wanna go home and squeeze them in my arms. I'm glad you were able to get a break from being a Mommy though. Sometimes a body needs it.