Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Own Little Miracle

So lately, I've gotten a little bit of the decorator bug. I think it's because Ammon had a temporary job that brought in a little extra money, so of course I feel the need to spend it... on little things that help make our house feel more like a nice home. SO, I focused my attention on fixing up the TV room, since I tend to spend the most time in it and I figured it needed the least amount of work. The theme colors for that room are primarily chocolate brown and baby blue, so I bought some satin, flowers and ribbon to fill giant champagne glasses we got for our wedding (thank you, Jess). I think they turned out pretty nice:



Then I bought a giant picture frame with the intention to put within it a collage of family photos, using the chocolate colored satin and ribbon as a background. However, when I got home, I realized it was smaller than I intended (I wanted 16 x 20 and I got 14 x 18), but nevertheless still usable. THEN I realized that I had a painting of Jesus that I had been wanting to display, but needed to get a new frame for and that the frame that I had just purchased was probably the right size. BUT, I thought to myself, "Aww, man, now I can't use the extra fabric I bought... oh, well." When I "Eyeballed it" it looked perfect. However, when I put it in the frame, I realized the picture was an inch too small... BUT... what if the fabric?... NO, it couldn't match the painting EXACTLY?!?!?! OH, BUT IT DOES!!! That's right, the fabric I bought for the glasses perfectly matches the painting and fills the empty space very nicely. You can see the it in the top part of the picture below. I know this is totally random that I post this, but I thought it was just a fun little miracle for me!



1 comment:

LlamaMama said...

I love it when things work out like that. Totally cool!
-rurness