Thursday, July 9, 2009

A little goes a long way


In our house, we have what is normally called an Arizona room or Sun room, or in our case, a filled-in-back-porch-that's-kinda-pointless-except-for-storage room. There are multiple problems with this room, like that there is no a/c going into the room and the large windows are single pane and there is water damage because the previous owners didn't roof properly... plus there is the stained-carpet memories from when two of our dogs had diahrea. So it's become the bain (bane?) of my house-cleaning existence and has always been such an eye-sore. We have wanted to put french doors up to help keep the heat from the rest of the house but still let some light in. However, since we don't have $300+ to spend on something like that, it just hasn't happened. SO my parents were kind enough to buy us some curtains to at least help a little with the heat AND to keep me from cringing every time I see that back room. I think they look very nice and actually help with the heat more than I thought they would!!

2 comments:

LlamaMama said...

That looks nice! Neutral colors, too, that let the light in without anyone seeing the room. Nice job!

Kelli said...

I LIKE IT! I think it looks really good with your kitchen. What a great idea until you can realize your plans to renovate and add french doors.